Installing Windows multiple times on different disks (UEFI)
To install Windows 7/8/10/11 multiple times on different disks the following
procedure should be employed:
- Windows is installed on the first disk.
- This disk is temporarily deactivated, for example by detaching the data cables.
A second disk now appears as the first disk.
- On this physical second disk (now appearing as first disk) Windows can be
installed without problems.
- The physical first disk is re-activated. Both disks are now available as before.
- Windows on the first disk is booted (without support of Boot-US).
- The configuration program Boot-US is started and the desired partitions on the first and second disk
are included in the boot manager. Here the "individual true hiding of partitions" can be activated.
- By the boot manager Boot-US Windows on the first and second
disk can be booted. When the true hiding is is used the selected partition will be made visible while the other non-selected
partitions will be true hid during the boot process.
When installing Windows in UEFI mode a EFI System partition (ESP) is created containing the
efi file \efi\microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.efi. The actual Windows files lie in a separate partition.
Windows (on disk 1 or 2) is booted by starting the corresponding efi file (on disk 1 or 2).